Saturday, May 11, 2019








There's a man putting his hands up in surrender. He is mostly a silhouette except for his eyes and his brain. Above him are the words "I've been thinking too much. Help me". Next to him on both sides are the same words repeating. The background is mostly gray.

The "X" shape of the piece and the upside down of the triangle of the words show movement. The piece goes from top to bottom. Variety is in the craziness of the piece. The proportion of the big words to the small brain shows overwhelmed. The lack of unity shows the craziness.

The quote is a lyric from a Twenty One Pilots song, Ride. The quote is about thinking so much that it overwhelms you. The man in the piece is worried. The words progressively get scarier. The background is scratchy. The brain is the only realistic part of the piece to show that it is the emphasis of the piece.

I like this piece. I could have done better with the background. It's not my best work, but I think it really proves the point. I really like how the brain turned out. Figuring out the placement for everything was hard, but I think I chose the right one.

No comments:

Post a Comment